VitalSkin Dermatology Expands High Quality Skin Care Services
Urbana, IL (WCIA)
Board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon Dr. Jeremy Youse joins us to discuss how VitalSkin Dermatology helps patients, both medically and cosmetically.
My team and I pride ourselves on being well versed in all aspects of dermatology – medical, surgical and cosmetic. We have a location in Decatur, Mattoon and in August we will be opening in Champaign-Urbana.
• We help patients with a number of skin problems, both medical and cosmetic. I am heavily involved in Mohs surgery which is the most effective way to remove skin cancer (99% effective and done in one office visit). And in this sense, we emphasize education in the identification and prevention of skin cancer.
When caught early, skin cancer is much easier to eliminate. To identify skin cancer and educate patients on what to look out for, we use something called the ABCDE of Skin Cancer (chart provided). During self-assessments, patients can look for:
o ASYMMETRY – Half of the mole does not match the other half.
o EDGE – Edges are jagged, jagged or blurry.
o COLOR – Mole color is not the same and may include shades of brown, black, white, red or blue.
o DIAMETER – The mole is over 6 millimeters in diameter (about the size of a pencil eraser), although melanomas can sometimes be smaller.
o EVOLUTION – The mole changes size, shape and color over time.
Unfortunately, COVID has delayed or prevented patients from receiving annual checkups. As a result, we see many patients with advanced skin issues. In addition to regular skin exams, people should have their skin examined by a dermatologist every year.
• In addition to skin cancer prevention, treatment and education, our team of advanced providers specialize in assisting with medical issues such as acne, skin infections, growths, rosacea , psoriasis, hair loss and more. They also offer cosmetic services for patients looking to rejuvenate their skin, such as chemical peels, Botox, other fillers and injectables, and recently laser rejuvenation has been added.
• And overall, I think our practices contribute to the issue of access to care in central Illinois. Previously, these areas had limited options for medical and cosmetic dermatology care. As we continue to grow and develop, we want to give these communities easy access to the care they need and want. We will open our third branch in Champaign-Urbana in August 2022.
• In our Decatur, Mattoon and Champaign-Urbana practices, we have built a versatile team of clinical professionals with a variety of specialties and backgrounds. This allows us to cover all areas of dermatology for the benefit of patients. In some other practices, you may receive medical skin care but may not receive cosmetic services, or vice versa. In our practices, with the team of advanced providers we have built, we can offer a true one stop shop for medical, surgical and cosmetic services.
• In addition, we are constantly expanding the services we offer. For example, on the cosmetic side, as mentioned, we have added a laser rejuvenation treatment. We are also expanding the skin care products available in our office. So not only can patients come in for a scheduled treatment, but they can also purchase top skin care brands for their at-home skin regimen.
• We are excited to announce that our new VitalSkin practice in Champaign-Urbana will be opening in August. An expanded provider team and I will offer the same excellent medical, surgical and cosmetic services in one location as we do at the Mattoon and Decatur locations. And like Mattoon and Decatur, we look forward to increasing access to high-quality skin care in Champaign-Urbana. You can find out more or make an appointment by visiting vitalskinderm.com
1111 Kenyon Road West
Urbana, IL 61801