Lattafa perfumes: Knowing how to select and apply your favorite perfume
Choosing and buying the right perfume
• You are the best person to determine which scent is right for you.
• The best method to find a new scent is to test if the scent complements your natural body odor in person for a day.
• The maximum number of scents to try at a time is four, although only two are recommended (one per arm) if you are just starting out.
• Spray a perfume on each wrist
• Between each scent of cologne, refresh your palate with something strong, such as coffee or tea.
Know the difference between cologne, toilet and perfume
Perfume is a generic unisex term used for perfume and generally falls into these 3 categories:
• Cologne: Light, fresh and fruity, generally composed of 2 to 4% scented oils in alcohol and water. Tends to be used in perfumes for young people. Usually lasts about 2 hours
• Toilet: A light composition in spray with 5 to 15% of pure perfume essence dissolved in alcohol. Usually lasts about 3 hours
• Perfume (Eau de Parfum): historically genderless, used to describe products for men and women, and the best term to describe a perfume. Contains 15-20% pure perfume essence and lasts about 5-8 hours
• Attar: The most concentrated and expensive of all the fragrance options. Slightly fatter, it is composed of 20 to 30% pure perfume essence. A single application can last up to 24 hours
Rules for applying perfume
• Spray perfume on dry skin, preferably just after showering
• Apply perfume to hot areas
• Start with the hottest parts of your body: chest, neck, lower jaw, wrist, forearm, inner elbow, shoulder
• Replump only when necessary
Perfume life cycle
Most perfumes are made up of these 3 notes:
• Head Note: The initial lighter scent of the perfume that hits the nose immediately after application. It lasts from 15 minutes to 2 hours
• Middle note: Also called heart note or heart note, it highlights the main element of the perfume. Middle notes develop after the top note clears up and can last 3-5 hours after being sprayed
• Base Note: The last to develop, these scents are often the most daring notes in the scent and become more noticeable later in the day.