Hair Care Tips | Follow these 7 simple tips for healthy, smooth hair
Ask someone for skin and hair advice and you’ll hear a really long list of things that work and that you shouldn’t indulge in. Some are helpful and others can do your hair more harm than good. Just like the skin care routine, the hair care routine must also be individualized and for this you must pay attention to the wants and needs of your hair.Also read – Wondering why your hair is often oily during winters? Here is what to do
Lots of things and factors work together to keep your hair healthy and problem free all year round. Therefore, hair care requires some work on your part. If you too are wondering which tips work and what to follow, here is a quick guide to help you perfect your hair routine. Dr Rinky Kapoor, Consulting Dermatologist, Cosmetic Dermatologist, and Dermatological Surgeon, The Esthetic Clinics shares some important hair care tips you can follow. Also read – Hair Care Tips: Want Soft, Strong Hair? Try These DIY Tips Today Watch the video
- Hot water will only make it dirty: this is a tip you should pay attention to. Raise the temperature of the water when washing the hair. If it’s too cold and you need hot water, make sure that at least when you rinse off the conditioner you are using cold water. This seals in the nutrients in the strand and helps the strands of hair retain their shine.
- Protect your hair: Don’t forget the CTM skin routine. The same goes for the hair too. Cleanse your hair with shampoo (scalp), moisturize with conditioner (strands) and protect with SPF and heat protectors for hair. Cover your hair with a scarf or silk beanie before going out in the sun.
- How Much Shampoo: Shampoo removes dead skin cells from scalp, removes grease and prevents shabby appearance. Shampoo is essential for maintaining the vitality of the scalp. However, excessive shampooing should be avoided at all costs. Do not wash your hair more than 2-3 times a week, and do not use your fingernails to wash your scalp. Use soft fingers to clean the scalp.
- Give your hair the benefits of silk: invest in a high quality silk or satin pillowcase. Silk absorbs the extra fat and hair products you use overnight. Silk also controls frizz. Using a microfiber towel to dry your hair will also increase the benefits.
- Detangle the right way: Some might tell you to comb only dry hair, and some advocate detangling damp hair. The right time to brush is when the hair is just dry and not too dry. This way the serum or leave-in conditioner is distributed evenly throughout the hair. Begin brushing by untangling large knots with your fingertips, then start with the lower part of the hair and work your way up gently.
- Relax your hair: it is not advisable to style your hair in one way at all times. Change up your hair section for instant volume and to redistribute the weight of the hair through the roots. If you like ponytails, take it easy. Go for looser, lower ponytails, let go of your hair often, and go for soft scrunchies to tie up the hair. Avoid touching and running your fingers through your hair too often.
- If in doubt, talk to your hair expert or dermatologist: your doctor knows your hair best. If you have hair problems, before trying any remedy, talk to your skin condition. Modern treatments like QR678, laser light therapy, PRP, etc. can revitalize hair and restore shine and strength.
Eat the right foods and drink water regularly to keep the scalp nourished and hydrated. Hair care is a constant process and sagging it won’t do any good. Therefore, listen to your hair, understand the hair type, and treat your hair accordingly. Also read – Tips to avoid premature graying