Hair Care Tips: 7 Homemade Hair Care Mask Recipes For Healthy Hair This Summer | fashion trends
We grew up thinking that our health is out of our hands and therefore, we often rely on doctors, whether for digestion issues or skin and hair issues, but the truth is that we have the power and the ability to be as we want is just a matter of educating ourselves about the resources we have. Dull and lifeless hair, itchy scalp, dandruff and excessive hair loss are some of the hair problems that summer brings with it.
A little extra help can go a long way, so you need to be extra careful with your locks in this sweltering weather. As we all love DIY recipes because they give us a sense of accomplishment and help us realize that we can improve ourselves, Dr. Khushboo Thakker Garodia, Homeopath, Trichologist, Nutrition and Stress Management Expert , has listed some recipes for natural hair masks. that you can apply to keep your hair shiny all summer long:
1. Hibiscus mask against hair loss – Soak a few hibiscus petals in a bowl of lukewarm water. After 2 hours, mix it with 2 tablespoons of curd and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Apply this mask to the entire length of your hair and leave it on for half an hour. Rinse well with water, followed by shampoo and conditioner. This pack strengthens hair follicles thereby reducing hair loss and also makes hair smooth and silky.
2. Avocado Aloe Mask for Dull, Lifeless Hair – Mash 1 avocado and ¼ cup of aloe vera gel and apply this mixture all over the length of your hair. Leave the mask on for twenty minutes. Wash it thoroughly followed by shampoo and conditioner. This easy-to-make hair mask will just bring your locks to life
3. Banana mask for itchy scalp – Heat and sweat cause itchy scalp, apple honey banana mask works like magic to solve this problem. Bananas contain potassium, which strengthens hair follicles, and honey smoothes the scalp, and apple cleanses the scalp, preventing it from being dry and itchy. Simply mix a banana, ½ apple with 2-3 tablespoons of honey. Apply the paste to the hair, leave on for at least 15-20 minutes. Rinse well with cool water, followed by shampoo and conditioner.
4. Methi Mask for Dry Scalp and Dandruff – Soak two tablespoons of methi seeds in water overnight. Don’t throw away the water. Grind into a paste with 1 tablespoon of curd and apply this paste on the scalp and throughout the length of the hair. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes or more, then rinse your hair. This hair pack is very effective in managing dry scalp and even eliminating dandruff
5. Coco Pack for Frizzy Hair – Heat often strips moisture from your hair, leaving it frizzy and lifeless. Coconut fatty acids help tame frizz and restore shine. Pull out a piece of malai from the tender green coconut. Reheat it a bit until it is in a pan to make it soft and mushy. Once you remove it from the pot, let it cool and add a few drops of rose water and mix. Slowly massage your hair from root to tip, including your scalp. Wrap your hair in a hot towel (soak the towel in very hot water, drain the excess water then use this towel) and let the mask sit on your hair for about 20-30 minutes. Rinse out with a mild shampoo, followed by conditioner. Once dried, you will notice that your hair shaft is stronger, healthier and shinier.
Adding to the list, Radhika Iyer, entrepreneur and founder of Raa Foundation and Anahata Organic, shared recipes for 2 natural and highly effective hair masks for stronger, softer, nutrient-rich hair:
1. Deep Conditioning Mask – Boil the coconut milk twice in a container. Add aloe vera while boiling. Add the hibiscus leaves and flowers right after. Mix the ingredients well and let the mixture boil. Sieve the blended mixture. Apply to hair and keep for 10-15 minutes. Wash it. Use this mask twice a week for best results! It will hydrate your hair and deeply condition the hair follicles, aiding hair growth and reducing scalp heat/inflammation.
2. Avoid split ends mask – Warm the cold-pressed almond oil. While it is heating, add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Remove the mixture from the heat and transfer to a bowl. Add honey to the mixture and mix well. Apply the mixture on your split ends. Continue for 15-20 minutes. Wash it. Use this mask once 2 times a week consistently. This will keep your ends soft and prevent them from becoming brittle.
All these hair masks are extremely easy to make and very effective in combating the effect of summers.